Covid 19 Information
The safety and wellbeing of all members of our community is the highest priority to Eaton Bray Academy.
A full and thorough risk assessment has been carried out in consultation with governors and staff in the school. Actions have been put in place to reduce the risks associated with the ongoing pandemic wherever possible. The school is following all government guidance regarding actions which should be taken.
The school asks that if any individual with any symptoms of covid 19 the child does not attend the school site. They may attend after a negative test has been received or the required period of isolation has been completed.
Symptoms of covid 19 are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
We know that periods of self isolation can be difficult but it is absolutely essential that all members of the school community follow this advice for the safety of all.
Actions In School
In school we have put a number of actions in place to reduce the risks associated with covid 19. These include:
- Asking all individuals not to attend the site if they or members of their household have symptoms of covid 19
- Increased focus on hand washing throughout the day, with pupils taught how to wash their hands carefully
- The introduction of “bubbles” in which pupils remain throughout the school day to reduce the number of contacts they have
- Increased cleaning throughout the school site
- Classrooms re-arranged so that all pupils are looking forwards
- Staggered drop-off and pick-up times to allow for social distancing
- One way system at drop-off and pick-up
- Staggered break and lunch times for pupils
- Adults wearing masks in communal areas including parents at drop off and pick up